Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Colorado-The Artist's Nook! and MORE!


OK-the transfer thingy has been lost so I cant transfer photos right now- but I will soon! I returned last Monday from beautiful Colorado-I taught at the Artist's Nook in Fort Collins -run by my friend Christine Webb. It was a delightful three days-wonderful people and lovely days. The weather was perfect-although I heard that it was over 100 degrees here in Long Beach. So I missed out on that-( the weather here has been so cold-iots not summery at all!) I stayed in a cool guest house that was extremely quiet- WE ate like kings- at the Rio for mexican and the Cafe Vino-I started teaching at ten on two days-11:00 on Sunday so I actually slept in and then taught-amazin! Thank you so much to Christine-good luck to her as she changes locations to a really neat storefront thats perfect for her-a great space for workshops and the location is perfect-the Bellvue Store-oh you have to go through LaPorte to get there-my mom was born in LaPorte, Iowa! go to www.theartistsnook.net to check out her classes-LeighannaLight is next up-then Lynne Perella! I'll put a link at the right-check my Flickr for pics in a few days!

So BIG NEWS-I got in the Sabrina Ward Harrison workshop this weekend-it was totally meant to be-Its in North Hollywood at Carol parks Studio-I'll be in fine company-Anahata Katkin, Dorit Alisha, and my book designer Dawn Sokol!

Oh Oh I am so over the moon about my book. I think the price will be $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping-This will include a personalized copy and an exclusive print. Check back for details. Im gearing up for the release-so many plans to be made!
so I better go to bed and begin again tomorrow-my email has been acting up today and I dont know if I'll have it for sure tomooroow!

OH and I was so surprised when I opened my Cloth Paper Scissors Embellishmnets today-there was my DVD and my lettering featured first! I didnt even know that Pokey had received it. Lucky, blessed me!

2 comments:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Ok.. I TOTALLY want to hear all the details from the Sabrina Ward Harris workshop.. you lucky ducky...

AND YEAH.. on CPS... YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!

Sara said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there! One of these days, we're going to have you teach in Tulsa! Looking forward to seeing your pics!