Monday, April 13, 2009

ARTFEST!









Ok so finally I am blogging about artfest. You know its been awhile when theyve changed the welcome page on blogspot! I had the most incredible time in Seattle-Port Townsend was where Art Fest is located-you need to travel by ferry to get to this secluded island-the only problem was my rental car stalled on the ferry! The tug had to push me off-but I managed to get back on the road. I arrived to snow in Seattle -when I had packed the cutest summer things!! ah well-gloves and hats were bought and all was well. the classes were amazing-The Tats class cranked out mad work-I expect to post more of this incredible stuff-for right now check out my flickr account-Link On the Right I've posted ALL my artfest photos and tried to label a few.
The Pocket altar class-wowwee-man -the students were all incredible and passionate and crafty with their solutions-I couldnt ask for more -( check out the altars on Flickr!) I so Love teaching at Art Fest and pretty much everywhere-i will miss it next year-but off to bigger and better things!
The show and tell night knocked me off my feet-its so above and beyond what you see anywhere else. Teesha and Tracy are magic makers and they do it every time with such skill and grace.
Afterwards, I went to Seattle for a day all to myself and checked out the Garden and Cosmos show at the Asian Art Museum. Killer detailed paintings from the Royal collection of the Jodphurs in India. The weather turned out to be perfect after all and the show was lovely-see it if you can!
Dinner was Vietnamese fusion at the Tamarind Tree with my friends Kristen, Ruben and Brook-they are so much fun-i didnt even mind the story of the rats outside!
I stayed at a pretty B and B with a clawfoot tub-and Carmelized Apple Crepes for breakfast with-dig it-homemade gingerbread! Met a nice lot of girls from Belfast-first time in the US!
Heading back to Long Beach I decided to ask at the Counter if they had a first aid station as I was having heart pains and thought it might be a good idea to check this out before I got on the plane! Welp-the gal convinced me to have the paramedics come and three very handsome ones showed and took my EKg and blood pressure! and asked me a ton of questions-it seems as though i was fine-simply stressed-my blood pressure was through the roof and I am now under doctors orders to destress or else. I am stuggling a bit with this one as I go to Michigan, Seattle and Italy in the next three weeks! Yikes-breathe breathe! I have a commission I am working on and I will post progress reports on this soon!

4 comments:

Dori Melton said...

Lisa,
I'm squealing with delight to see my work from your class on your blog! Thanks again for such an awesome class. I posted about it today!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OMG!!! LISA... PLEASE PLEASE rest and take care of yourself... we want you to live to see next year!!!

It was SUPER to see you, as always... can't wait to hug your neck again in August, and hear stories about Italy.

Hug Kristin and Bill for Marylin and I
XOXOXOXO

Mary lin Huskamp said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! on the pics! Lisa please rest and take care. Perhaps the trip to Italy will give you just the relaxation you need. Can hardly wait to hear the details and here's a big HUG!!!

oxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I come to your blog in a roundabout way as me dear friend, Kristin Steiner, has been telling me all about your upcoming class in Italy. I just wish I could join you all but am working that week. Ann from UK